Add to favorite
 
russian visa
     1  | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | >>   

The town of Zeya is sometimes called little Paris, although it has nothing to do with Paris. It is a usual Far Eastern town: low-rise buildings, disgusting roads, wonderful nature.


An ancient Paleolithic man site named Deering-Yuryakh was discovered on a high mountain near Elanka, on the opposite bank of the Lena River, in September 1982.


The Bezymyannaya fortress battery is one of the oldest fortifications of the Vladivostok Fortress. In 1862 the hill of Bezymyannaya was used to place smoothbore guns and deploy a platoon of mountain artillery. Since that moment the hill has been called Battery.


Tynda, the northernmost and youngest town of the Amur Region, is even called the capital of BAM.


Vladivostok Fortress is a complex of defensive structures built in the city and its surroundings in late XIX-early XX centuries. Today the complex of fortification constructions of the Vladivostok fortress is a monument of federal significance.


Dalnerechensk is the oldest and northernmost town of Primorye, the administrative centre of Dalnerechensky district, located near the border with China.


It is a typical Far Eastern city, extremely poor even by the standards of the Far East. This was not always this way: in the past Partizansk (its name had been Suchan until 1972) flourished.


Spassk-Dalniy is a small town in Primorsky Krai, located on the Kuleshovka River. Trans-Siberian Railway passes through it and divides the town into the western and eastern parts.


The first information about the lead-zinc deposits in Olginsky district around the Tetyukhe River was disclosed in the second half of XIX century, after the annexation of Primorye to Russia. However, according to legends, the development of the Tetyukhinsky ores had been carried out by the tribe named tazs that inhabited Primorye in ancient times, before the arrival of the Chinese.


Zov Tigra (Call of the Tiger) National Park started to work in 2008. However, even 20 years before that, Far Eastern scientists had stressed the need for creation of a protected area there.


This peak is the highest in Primorsky Krai, located in the Zov Tigra National Park in Chuguevsky district of the region; it has long been considered magical.


The easternmost and highest mountain town of Primorsky Territory. The rocks located in the vicinity of Dalnegorsk were once depicted on a bill of 1000 roubles. Dalnegorsk was founded in 1897 as a settlement of Tetyukhe (translated as wild boar valley from Chinese).


Bolshoy Kamen (Big Stone translated from Russian) is a closed town between Vladivostok and Nakhodka; the only plant in the Far East specializing in repair, re-equipment and modernization of nuclear submarine missile carriers is located there.


Lazovsky Reserve is located on the southern spurs of the Sikhote-Alin.


A small town in Primorye named in honor of the famous explorer of the Far East. It is famous for its ski trail considered to be one of the best in the region.


Lazovsky Nature Reserve Nature Museum is open in the village of Lazo. This is only one room with an area of 200 square meters, which presents numerous photographs, dioramas, exhibits of animals, birds, various biogroups of rare animals of the Ussuri taiga.


At the end of the XIX century, thick forests on the territory of the Russian Island were cut down to the root, inconspicuous batteries appeared everywhere with the majority of communications located underground.


There are no ancient monuments in the city, but there is a Palace of Culture which is compared with the Concert Hall named after Tchaikovsky. Artyom was founded in 1924 as a miners settlement. Its history started with the discovery of deposits of brown coal in Southern Primorye and the construction of the Zybunny mine.


The Bryners mansion was built in 1910 under the design of the architect, Hugo Georg Junghändel. This one of the most beautiful mansions in the city belonged to the rich merchant Julius Joseph Bryner and his family.


Lazovsky State Nature Reserve named after L.G. Kaplanov has a rich history.


     1  | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | >>   




Comment on our site


RSS   twitter   facebook   submit

Bookmark and Share

Russian Parliament in Action

search on the map
TAGS:
occult medicine  toxic substances   criminality  Paleontology  Russian Theater  Tretyakov Gallery  Volkhov  Russian Literature  Alexey German Jr.  Moscow  Russian laws  Russian business  Russian space exploration  US sanctions  satellite  Aida Garifullina  Rostov  Russian history  Platon Lebedev  Russian football team  Alexey Navalny  Folk Music Festival "Red Sun"  Uninhabited Islands  Russian tourism  Archeology  Romanovs  Russian Cinema  Painting  Mikhail Matyushin  Novosibirsk  New Year celebrations  Kislovodsk  Art Auction  Maisky  Yury Solomin  Federal Space Agency  guest author  Hermitage  Moscow airports  New Museums  Russian sanctions   Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Russia  Russian Animation  Karlovy Vary  Sinead Breslin  Kamchatka  the Perm Region  Exhibitions in Moscow  Mikhailovsky Garden  Rostov metro 


Travel Blogs
Top Traveling Sites