Add to favorite
 
russian visa
    Kemerovo

The city of Kemerovo is located in the foothills of Kuznetsk Ala Tau, on River Tom', at the confluence of Iskitim River into it, 3482 km to the East of Moscow. It has a pier, a railway station and a road station.

Kemerovo has a continental climate with the average temperature -18 centigrade in January and +20 centigrade in July and mean precipitation of 420 mm a year.

Kemerovo takes the area of 295 square km.

Sights:

River Tom' divides the city into two parts the left-bank part with the city center, and the right-bank area.

In the city center one will find a wide embankment of River Tom' overlooking the Krasnogorsky Hills covered with pine wood.

Kemerovo has the historical and architectural museum Krasnaya Gorka (Red Hill), a regional museum of local lore, and a regional museum of fine arts.

In the vicinity of the city there is Tyulbersky Ecomuseum.

History of Kemerovo

Kemerovo grew up from ancient Russian settlements near the stronghold of development of these lands - the Verkhnetomsky stockade town (founded in 1657, nowadays the Verkhotomsky Village), through which the road from Tomsk to the Kuznetsk stockade town passed.

In 1701 a squat of a certain Shcheglov appeared on the left bank of Tom', near the mouth of Iskitim, and later developed into a village.

In 1859 on the place of modern Kemerovo there were 7 settlements: Shcheglovo Settlement (Ust-Iskitimsky), and the villages Kemerovo (known from 1734), Evseyevo, Krasny Yar, Kur-Iskitim (Pleshki), Davydovo (Ishanovo), and Borovaya.

The Village of Kemerovo was named after its first settlers the Kemerovs and gave name to the Kemerovo mine, which arose nearby.

In 1907 the first coal mines were built there: coal was discovered there in 1721 for the first time in Kuzbass. Development of Shcheglovo Settlement started in connection with the construction of the railway Yurga - Kolchugino (modern Leninsk-Kuznetsky) with the branch Topki Shcheglovo before 1917.

The year of foundation of Kemerovo city is 1918, when Shcheglovo Settlement was transformed into Shcheglovsk town. 12.11.1928 the structure of the city of Shcheglovska included the village of Kemerovo (since 23.01.1928 - the working settlement) and some other settlements.

In 1932 Shcheglovsk was renamed into Kemerovo. In 1943 it became the center of the Kemerovo Region.



Tags: Kemerovo     


Region:


City:






Comment on our site


RSS   twitter   facebook   submit

Bookmark and Share

search on the map

TAGS:
Siberia  Weekend tourism  Russian regions  Aurora cruiser  Russian Railwys  Valery Gergiev  Exhibitions in Moscow  Islam in Russia  Legal Services in Russia  St. Petersburg  train tickets Russia FIFA  Moscow  corruption  Russian tourism  Federico Severino  Kemerovo Region  South Stream  Russian laws  travel to Russia  Exhibitions in Saint Petersburg  Russian Cinema  ENEA  Russian scientists  Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Russia  Liya Akhedzhakova  Musicals in Moscow  Medical Industry  Mystical Russia  Russian business  Barcelona  Kurgan  Russian shops  Kurchatov  Festivals in Moscow  Alexander Andreyevich Ivanov  Russian national anthem  Severobaikalsk  Boris Nemtsov  Photo Exhibitions  cats  Gorky Park  Port  Museums of Russia  International space station  human rights in Russia  space news  Chelyabinsk Region  Nikita Mndoyants  Sergei Kholodovskiy.  3D Printer 


Travel Blogs
Top Traveling Sites