Now it is one of the largest exhibition venues of Moscow. The complex consists of a few galleries, twenty shops, training workshops and three unusual cafes.
Each of the galleries is noteworthy here. These are independent author's projects that acquaint the audience with versatile manifestations of culture both in Russia and all over the world. They represent genres and styles that are in accord with current trends of modern art.
There are several showrooms in the territory of WINZAVOD:
- The Shop of White is a hall with world-class technical and light equipment;
- The Shop of Red is a venue for photo exhibitions and videoart demonstrations;
- Big Wine Storage is a vaulted room, which is generally used for videoart demonstration;
- Fermentative shop; Hangar; Vintage Hall; Lecture Hall; and Studio/Office.
WINZAVOD also includes the following galleries:
- Culture Alliance is Marat Guelman's project aimed at active promotion of regional Russian artists;
- Aidan Studio is a place, where the audience can observe an artist working alive;
- XL is one of the most competent art galleries that introduced a set of new artists to the Moscow public;
- Rigina is one of the first private galleries of Moscow, which supports modern Russian artists and promotes them both in Russia and abroad;
- Proun Gallery is dedicated to Russian avant-garde art as well as modern art that is influenced by avant-gardists;
- PhotoLoft is a gallery that actively cooperates with both Russian and foreign authors, publishes its own magazine and conceptual photo album;
- 11.12 is a many-faceted space, which brings together realistic paintings and bold works of postmodernist art;
- pop/off/art is a gallery that focuses on works by masters of the second wave of avant-garde, Sots Art, as well as artists of the 1990s and the 2000s;
- Pechersky Gallery presents multifarious modern art, which is carefully selected by the collector and curator Marina Pecherskaya.
WINZAVOD is located at the address: 1/6, 4th Syromyatnichesky Lane, near Kurskaya and Chkalovskaya metro stations, Moscow.
The official site of WINZAVOD Centre for Contemporary Arts
Author: Vera Ivanova